****Postdoctoral position available! Email your CV to email@example.com****
We are a chemistry lab who apply organic synthesis in medicinal chemistry and chemical biology. Central to our work is synthetic methods development and discovery of molecules that improve human health.
Methods that install boron and silicon atoms into carbon-carbon bonds
Small molecule drug discovery program for the treatment of obesity, fatty liver disease, metabolic diseases, and aging.
Development of sphingosine kinase (SphK) 1 & 2 inhibitors as medicine for multiple sclerosis, metastatic cancers and kidney fibrosis.
Medicinal chemistry program to inhibit sphingosine-1-phosphate transport for the treatment of chronic kidney disease and multiple sclerosis.
Take a virtual tour of our labs.
Recent News (lastest news: click here)
- 6.15.2020 Congratulations to @santoslabVT PhD #17: Dr. Christopher Sibley. Amazing work and excellent dissertation defense. Chris is a double Hokie! #Hokies
- 6.09.2020 Russell Snead and Jan Nekvinda’s work on the borylation of allenes in water is published in the New J. Chem. Well done!
- 5.27.2020 Chris Garcia and Joe Salamoun detail their structure-activity profiling of mitochondrial uncouplers. Their lead compound is efficacious against NASH–published in J. Med. Chem. Congrats!!!
- 5.15.2020 Our collaborative work with the Hoehn Labs is published in Nature Communications. BAM15 induced fat loss without changes in food intake or lean body mass.
- 5.14.2020 Russell and Jan published their work on phosphinoboration of internal alkynes. Congrats!